RE: Oracle7.3.4 - Tablespace question

  • From: "M Rafiq" <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 21:20:23 -0400

Those newly created datafiles are not reachable by this instance as it
exceeded the limit. Try to recreate control files with all those datafiles
created as new. Change also db_files in initSID.ora.

Alternately exp_full database. create a new one and import it there.

I have gone through this issue almost 6 years back. I exported full
database, created a new database , removed old one and imported there. Don't
forget to increase db_files to 1022(max size)

HTH,

Regards
Rafiq

From: "Denham Eva" <EVAD@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Oracle7.3.4 - Tablespace question
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 00:04:18 +0200

Mark,

Thanks for the answer, OK db_files set at 30.
However I don't think I may have explained correctly.
I created the tablespace with a number of datafiles, everything went
fine I observed the physical files being created. However I guess on the
finalization on the last file the database gave the error DB_FILES
exceeded. OK, I thought, so I had a look if the Tablespace existed,
which it at present does not.
So I had a look, the physical files still do, and the control files
appear to be newer. My question is does the tablespace exist? Just
waiting for me to change the DB_FILES parameter, but is just not
available. Or it does not exist and hence should I restart the database
there will be no tablespace.

Would you know?
Many Thanks
Denham