Re: Oracle vm iscsi in the guests

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:09:01 -0500

There is nothing that prevents you from configuring it on virtual machines. I have done so, several times, albeit with VirtualBox and not with Oracle VM. Oracle VM is a type 1 hypervisor, which runs on bare metal and VirtualBox is a type 2 hypervisor which runs on the underlying OS, in my case Ubuntu. Oracle VM is a commercial product, while VirtualBox is a freeware.

On 02/19/2018 01:46 PM, Ls Cheng wrote:

Hi

This is an off-topic but I was wondering if anyone in the list know if is it possible configure iscsi in Oracle VM x86 guests to access external storage arrays? Normally it is configured in the physical host (Dom0)

Thanks

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant