Re: Oracle user process uses all memory and swap on server

  • From: Tanel Poder <tanel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tom.dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 20:30:50 +0200

Tom,
I posted a reply to the forum thread ... basically it's a bug ... As
v$pgastat views etc only tell you what Oracle *thinks* is going on, you
have to trust OS tools more as they will tell you the reality of what's
going on as far as memory usage, disk IO and CPU utilization goes, even if
Oracle numbers say otherwise.

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=10689303

--
Tanel Poder