Re: Oracle ultrasearch install

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:26:43 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Mayen,

> I am helping some one with appserver install using existing database
10.2.0.3 on Solaris 9. Oracle ultrasearch is required for appserver (I am
not sure what part of appserver). Since database was installed as 10.2.0.1
and upgraded to 10.2.0.3, can I install ultrasearch component (I assume
from companion CD) on top of 10.2.0.3 or I need to reinstall 10.2.0.1, add
ultrasearch and them upgrade to 10.2.0.3?

You *may* be able to do this manually, depending on what you already have
installed.  From my notes (search for "OID" on http://wiki.oracle.com), you
will need to have these installed, IN THIS ORDER:

 - Java NCOMP (off of the Companion CD).
 - Install JVM.  See Metalink 276554.1
 - Install Oracle Text.  See Metalink 280713.1

>From there, Metalink 337992.1 outlines what it takes to manually install
Ultrasearch.

I think the biggest sticking point is in NCOMP.  If it's not installed,
you'll need to do that first.  And if the Oracle Installer does it's usual
checks, it may tell you that the DB is not at the right version and it won't
install it.

Your best bet is probably to contact Oracle Support though...

HTH!  GL!

Rich