Re: Oracle streams

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wbfergus@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:33:16 -0700 (PDT)

I had a devil of a time trying to get streams setup, configured, and working. I
could get it to work for a day or two before it would crash again, so I finally
gave up after a couple months.

Now we are using a product from Quest called Shareplex. It's rather pricey, but
seems a lot more bulletproof and reliable. I've been using it for a year now
without any major problems.

--
-- Bill Ferguson

<<<<<<

This is something that I'm concerned about.  How stable is streams?  It seems
to work ok in a small dev environment but my concern is how it'll handle
production loads.  The target app does not seem to be too complicated and it
does have well defined rules i.e. no physical deletes, primary site updates
overrule secondary site etc.

There seems to be a lot of documentation out there on streams but I have not
seen a lot on building customized conflict handlers.  I wonder how Shareplex
handles conflicts?

--
mohammed

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on
Yahoo! TV.
http://tv.yahoo.com/