RE: Oracle rootkit

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <holland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 09:07:18 -0700

My point was in reference to the earlier posting about Oracle providing
solutions.  As Alex points out, this patch is incomplete because it does
not test for hidden users.  What is really needed is a password checker
or cracker.  But even that may not be enough, given the vulnerabilities
described in Josh Wright's paper
http://www.sans.org/rr/special/index.php?id=oracle_pass.