Re: Oracle on Windows Vs. Linux

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:33:11 +0200

It's not the first time I hear that low-end non-RAC Windows systems
outperform Linux counterparts. Perhaps, general lack of proper tuning
for Linux? Usually Windows people do not tweak Linux much and standard
configuration might require that to get better performance.

2006/5/18, Freeman, Donald <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

We set up a side by side comparison to test our Oracle DB application on Windows 2003 32 Bit vs. Red Hat Linux. We set up two virtual partitions and alternately stopped one and tested the other. We have been reading different benchmark tests and came to believe that we would see a 30% to 40% performance advantage using linux. We used Load Runner and tested three program functions with 30-60-90 users. Windows performed about 10% better. Does anybody have any advice or observations on this? Any configuration advice?

-- Best regards, Alex Gorbachev

http://oracloid.blogspot.com