Re: Oracle on Windows Service run as Domain Account

  • From: "H. Abhishek" <authoritydba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dramirezr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 20:18:23 +0530

The biggest 'gotcha' would be, in my opinion, if this goes large scale and
something goes wrong with the domain 'service' account password getting
changed/ locked.

You would end up with the services not coming up and will need a tool/
manually update the password everywhere.

Regards,
Abhishek

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 4:38 AM, David Ramírez Reyes <dramirezr@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

We have both scenarios here and switch from local user to a domain user is
as easy as it seems, as long as the domain user is part of the
Administrators group, you won't have any problem.

Regards

David Ramírez Reyes
Profesión: Padre de Familia

On 10 April 2015 at 17:48, Jeff Chirco <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the Oracle on Windows DBA's. We currently have the Windows Service
set to Log On As "Local System" but we need to change this to run as a
Domain account so we can access our file share. I added the domain account
to the Administrators and ora_dba and everything seems good. But is their
any other gotchas that I could be missing?

Jeff