Re: Oracle hybrid columnar compression

  • From: Ingrid Voigt <GiantPanda@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Rob.Dempsey@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:21:05 +0100

Rob Dempsey wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone could help answer. Oracle hybrid columnar compression is available in the exadata product for 11gr2. I heard a rumour that this will included in non-exadata releases in the future.

Would anyone know when in the future or possible which release?

I know it is a shot in the dark.  I have opened a TAR but nobody knew.

Thanks
Rob

Hi,

There is an interview with Richard Sarwal in in the current edition of
DOAG news. He says that this will remain an Exadata only feature
for the time being.

Regards
Ingrid