RE: Oracle e-business suite for starters

  • From: "Thalis Kalfigopoulos" <t.kalfigopoulos@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:38:27 +0300

[WRT to replies from April & Stephen]
>  Yasou!!!  Isn't it great watching the Olympics in our homeland!
Nice! We pulled it after all and pretty well I guess.
I can't recall watching so many games in 1 week ever before in this lifetime.

> Sixth:  If you are installing for the first time, read over ALL of the
> material to install FIRST and then review your hardware specs to determine
> if you have enough horsepower.  Take Oracle's estimates and "bump them up a
> notch".
>
> <If you are implementing, forget sleep for the foreseeable future... I did
> our implementation in 3 easy months... 900 easy hours  with luck, you are
> already live.>

I'm not installing. System is already up...and sometimes even running ;-)
Glad to see though that the already existent in-house DBA's were not
exaggerating WRT to the system's kinky behavior. From what I gather you guys
must have had some nice long nights with Oracle Applications.

> April:  Anything else?
>
> <... =)  I know where you can get a good book!>

Lovely! That's what I was waiting for someone to throw in.
Title please?

Thanks.

Thalis Kalfigopoulos
IT Department