Re: Oracle database auto-start on Unix

  • From: "Alessandro Vercelli" <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fred_fred_1" <fred_fred_1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 21:39:16 +0200

On my experience as a unix sysdamin, init is the process managing the start of
services, configuring it requires root privileges.....

*but*

if (as oracle user) you create a crontab (...really this requires root to put
oracle into /etc/cron.allow....) with a periodic (1 minute) check for dbms
active or not and, in case start it, you can achieve the task to start oracle
db at least 1 minute after the system boot; in any case, the problem will be
how to close the db before shutting down the system.

My question is: why your sysadmin cannot configure the autostart?

Alessandro