Oracle chuckle of the day...

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 18:24:30 -0600 (CST)

While I'm sitting here with a full flashback recovery area and failing
disk-to-disk RMAN backups for our go-live in 10.1.0.5, I decided to lookup
some possible resolutions on MetaLink, seeing as the
V$FLASH_RECOVERY_AREA_USAGE view isn't available in 10gR1.

So, I login to MetaLink and search for, among other things, "rman
crosscheck".  In my OTC cold remedy induced state, along with typical
go-live stress, I almost burst a lung laughing on the suggestion that
MetaLink offered -- just in case I misspelled "crosscheck".

Try it out yourself.  Enjoy!

Rich