Oracle and .Net

  • From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:21:19 -0400

A fellow programmer is looking for information on Oracle object_type
support in ODP.net.  We are developing a new system and instead of
cluttering the parameter list in our procedures, we were hoping to
pass in ojbects.  Here is his question:

"Hello,
I have been searching the web and ODP.NET docs for any info about
whether or not
object types are supported by ODP.NET. If so, to what degree are they
supported?
If not, what alternatives are available. I'd really like to define composite
data types in PL/SQL that .Net will play nice with.

Can anyone shed some light? Thanks in advance. "

Any .net people out there?

Thanks,
Chris