"Oracle Risk Assessment"

  • From: Scott Canaan <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 18:37:49 +0000

So, we were just informed that we are going to be having an "Oracle Risk
Assessment" performed on our databases. We did limit it to five databases, not
all. My questions are: Has anyone been through one of these before? If so,
what did they do?

Oracle indicated that they'd prefer to do production databases, but that there
may be a performance hit. It was hinted that we'd get to see the scripts in
advance, but I'm not convinced that Oracle will really do that.

My expectation is that the reason Oracle has offered to do this (for free) is:
1) to make sure we are not in license violations; and 2) to try to sell us some
security applications.

Scott Canaan '88 (srcdco@xxxxxxx<mailto:srcdco@xxxxxxx>)
(585) 475-7886 - work (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer