RE: Oracle Restart registration problem with dbca relase 11.2.0.2.0

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx" <pjhoraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:18:40 +0100

I have had also problems with registering the database with Oracle restart, but
in my case it also did not work manually and I already had a registered db in
the configuration.

I had a user grid which owned the grid infrastructure, a user ora1 which owned
the db software and a user ora2, who owned a second oracle home. The
registration of the db owned by ora1 succeeded, but not the db owned by ora2. I
had to clear the grid infrastructure config and register the databases again to
get it to work.

Later on I installed a third db on this server using user ora3, and again I had
to clear the config before I could register the databases.
A case has been opened with Oracle, but nothing has been found.

To reconfigure the grid infrastructure (for a standalone sever) you need to run
the follwing as user root:

<GRID_HOME>/perl/bin/perl -I<GRID_HOME>/perl/lib -I<GRID_HOME>/crs/install
<GRID_HOME>/crs/install/roothas.pl -deconfig

<GRID_HOME>/perl/bin/perl -I<GRID_HOME>/perl/lib -I<GRID_HOME>/crs/install
<GRID_HOME>/crs/install/roothas.pl

After doing this you need to register the resources again using srvctl.

Also note that if you are using role separation, the privileges on several
directories and files are missing the write privilege for group.

$ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory + the init<instancname>.ora file
--> This will cause a failure to start the db using srvctl when a value is
given for the spfile option in the GI db configuration and there is no
init<instance_name>.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/dbs directory or this file
does not contain the spfile parameter

$ORACLE_HOME/srvm/admin/ directory
srvctl is trying to create a backup file of the /etc/oratab file in this
directory.
The /etc/oratab file itself is then updated to have the comment "# line added
by Agent" next to the database line

$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory and the
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file
When you start a listener (created with srvctl) under the Oracle Home (not
recommended, but possible), the following line is added to the
$ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora file:
ENABLE_GLOBAL_DYNAMIC_ENDPOINT_LSNR_TEST=ON # line added by Agent
and a backup of this file is created in the same directory.

These are being tracked in bug 11063852

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime