RE: Oracle Open World

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

This is my first time at OOW.  I am taking the Xtreme
class on Rac during the weekend.  The 1 hours sessions
look awesome as do the mini demos, etc.
I will report back afterwards ... If the one hour
session are good, I plan on buying the $75.00 dvd
package which has all the presentation on them.

The keynote presentations don't interest me at all.  I
am trying to schedule thing during that time which I
am finding hard to do.  There are also alot of side
things to do.. There is a vendor presentation on
Monday night and there is an Apps meeting Monday
morning.

To get the most of it... I am trying to schedule
everything.  I wish the scheduler would let you select
alternate sessions.

I would like to be able to have handy alternates if
1)  my gets cancelled or
2)  It isn't good

so I can slip into another session that might be more
focused at my companies needs.

Otherwise this year looks awesome to me.  They even
have were you can schedule a one on one consult with
oracle.  This is normally a $500/hour!

There are also hands on labs...

So I can't see how this isn't worth it... Unless you
just go there to party and pick up freebies... Which I
can see happening with alot of people.

Just my 2.5 cents worth

Kathy

BTW.... has any settle if any of us are getting
together or not?  Sunday works for me.

--- "Strickland, Mark" <mark.strickland@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://mail.yahoo.com