Re: Oracle License Audit

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 22:39:20 +1100

Dunbar, Norman (Capgemini) wrote,on my timestamp of 2/03/2011 9:53 PM:

3. Partitioning is in use by SYSTEM. Regardless. Turn it off and it
still gets installed. Luckily, the registry differentiates between user
and system use.

Or very simply by the auto stats gathering process, which uses it no matter what is installed.

4. Etc.

It's a nightmare!

Indeed.  Particularly when as 4. we could say:

4. Oracle consultants install partitioning in your EE installation and claim "it's part of EE". A few years later you're of course told it isn't and charged accordingly...

Said Oracle "con-sultants" are obviously nowhere to be seen and no one knows who/where they are. Until the next con-sultancy job gets advertised, that is: then they show up with a million certifications, Ace members, outrageous claims, etcetc...

Cynic, mooah?
Never!

This script is the one that the audit guys will use and as far as I
remember, the results go to Egypt to be analysed. Not sure how that
works now, after the revolution.

LOL!

--
Cheers