Re: Oracle Data Redaction is Broken

  • From: <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tim@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 16:19:00 +0100

Hey Tim,
Oracle aren’t going to (or rather can’t) fix the iterative inference problem.
As to the how I know the other three issues were fixed is because Oracle told
me. This was their email:

“Report of Critical Patch Update Fixes for Datacom TSS
eMail Addresses:

Datacom TSS (No PGP Key) <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
David Litchfield (No PGP Key) <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The following issues reported by you are fixed in the upcoming Critical
Patch Update, due to be released at 1:00 PM, U.S. Pacific Time, on July
15, 2014. We ask that any information that you plan to publish
regarding these issues be released after this date and time.

This Critical Patch Update will contain fixes for the following issues:

Reporter: David Litchfield

S0447620  XMLQUERY FUNCTION REDACT FEATURE BYPASS

S0405238  DBMS_REDACT REDACTED DATA READ VIA UPDATE... RETURNING

S0404919  DBMS_REDACT CAN CREATE REDACTION POLICIES ON ANY TABLE IN
           ANY SCHEMA EXCEPT SYS
“
HTH!
David