Re: Oracle DB migration to Postgrsql

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 22:17:59 -0400

On 4/12/23 10:08, Shravan Kumar Kota wrote:

Hi all ,

Is any one done migration of Oracle database to Postgrsql?
Yes

If yes please let me know process / steps to do it or if any doc or url please share with me.

Thanks
Shravan.

LOL! The above message exudes a rare degree of self-confidence! The knowledge you refer to is something that I sell. However, even if if you somehow got my part of knowledge, you would still need the developer's side of the story. The developers were in charge of the application. I was only helping them with both databases. Remember: as a DBA you are a SME for everything database. The trick is in learning both.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant