Re: Oracle Apps and IP renumbering

  • From: Ron Thomas <RThomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jkstill@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:58:32 -0700

Hi Jared-

Ah, Oracle Apps 10.7.  That brings back some fond memories...

If you are running the characters apps, you should be good to go.  WAS is
another story.  IIRC there
are a couple of config files that need to be changed as well as some apps
profile options-- this may
have been for a host name change, not an IP address change.

Sorry I can't be more specific.  It's been a few years since I've had to do
this.  But check the:
was/3.0.2/ows/admin/ows/{host}/wrb/config/owl.cfg and wrb.app files for
starters.

Thanks,
Ron.

"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows,
you have to work ON
it."
"The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
"Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"
"Friends don't let friends use IE"

             jkstill@xxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:

             oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
             rg                                  oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                 cc

             01/04/05 05:18 PM
            Subject
                                                 Oracle Apps and IP renumbering

                  Please respond to

                  jkstill@xxxxxxxxx

Dear List,

Assuming that all  database locations are resolved via server
name and not IP number, are there any other factors that might
affect Oracle Apps 10.7 in the event that the server is assigned
a new IP address?

We are renumbering everything here (thank you Sprint!) and the
Oracle HR server is one of the last to go.

Thanks,

--
Jared Still