Re: Oracle Announces The Same Enterprise Class Support For Linux As For Its Database

  • From: "Chris Marquez" <marquezemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:55:29 -0400

On 10/26/06, laura pena <lizzpenaorclgrp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lizz,

small shops that want to run Enterprise Oracle on Linux

Why does a small shop need Oracle EE?

our President is thinking of moving off of Oracle to EnterpirseDB to save
$$$.

I would and we did.  We run "Oracle SE One" and it costs us very little.

I just did some (non-Oracle) consulting work for a Co. trying to integrate
system.
My god what many people / Co's pay for other corperate apps!?
My regular clients Oracle costs are a drop in the hat to most corporate
software products.

Lizz,

If you like email me offline at cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxx and I will tell you
exactly what we pay for Oracle on Linux for 3 servers, "2 CPU machines".

-- Chris Marquez Oracle DBA