Oracle ASM

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Did anybody tried to use expdp with ASM

I am looking to store Expdp dumpfile in one of the ASM storage. Is it possible.
I am getting an error and here what is been tried
 I am using DATA9 diskgroup to store Datapump dumpfiles

create directory  dumpset_dir as ?+DATA9/dumpset_dir?;

expdp userid=system full=y Directory=dumpset_dir dumpfile=expdp.dat

Here is the error

ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-29283: invalid file operation
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 475
ORA-29283: invalid file operation

Any ideas as what I am missing. +DATA9 diskgroup is fine as I had just take a
full RMAN backup of database in it and it has enough space

TIA

Sanjay