RE: Oracle 9i performance

  • From: "Justin Cave (DDBC)" <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rlsmith@xxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:56:51 -0700

It's certainly possible. =20

Unfortunately, it's been a while since I was in the OCI innards here,
but I recall that there was an issue where the OCI 7 approach to
prefetching did not work with Oracle 9 databases.  This made
applications send a separate network request for every row, unless the
client application was specifically written to do array fetches (which
most ODBC applications are not designed to do).

Justin Cave  <jcave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC