Re: Oracle 12c client install requires C$ share?

  • From: Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 12:48:32 -0400

https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NTCLI/pre_install.htm#BABCHACF

2.6.4 Default Share Configuration Requirement

The prerequisite checks during Oracle Database Client installation require
that the system drive on your computer has default share configured on it.
Use the net use command to verify, for example:

C:\>net use\\hostname\c$
The command completed successfully.

Ensure that the current user, the user in the Administrator group, has all
the privileges on the default share.

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 7:42 AM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Where do you see this requirement? I can't find it in
https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/NTCLI/install.htm . That said if I
were installing on an app server in a DMZ or similar I'd likely choose the
instant client install type.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:58 PM, Patrice sur GMail <
patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Why on Earth did they make this a requirement

​Some people install Oracle Client software outside their firewall.

-- Patrice
My profiles: [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000206805521>[image:
LinkedIn] <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/patrice-boivin/a/933/5a9>[image: