Re: Oracle 11gR2 silent install issues

  • From: Saurabh Sood <email2sood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: don@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:52:01 +0530

Hi Don,

I haven't get such error during my install of 11gR2, but this information is
picked up from central inventory.

You can check the Central inventory file inventory.xml.
There you can see the options with which the GridHome is mounted.

Check what values are added for "<HOME NAME= .... .... ....>"

I have following line from inventory.xml file : (RAC system)

<HOME NAME="Ora11g_gridinfrahome1" LOC="/u01/app/GridInfra" TYPE="O" IDX="6"
CRS="true">

 If you see any RAC related parameter "CRS=true", then try to unset this.

You can use:

$ cd $GRID_HOME/oui/bin

Remove the existing grid home from the inventory.xml file:
$ ./runInstaller -detachHome ORACLE_HOME="<Grid_Home_Location>"
ORACLE_HOME_NAME="<Name_Of _GRID_Home>"

Then add the grid home as:

$ ./runInstaller -attachHome ORACLE_HOME="<Grid_Home_Location>"
ORACLE_HOME_NAME="<Name_Of _GRID_Home>"

Now check again the value of Grid_Home in the Central inventory whether it
contains a tag like CRS=true or not.

With Regards,
Saurabh Sood

--