Oracle 11g on VMWARE/Red Hat Linux 5 under Windows XP

  • From: "Binh Pham" <binhpham15@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 00:07:24 -0800

Tried to install 11g under Red Hat 5 under VMWARE server which runs under
Windows XP hung after the installation process started.

There is no error message in the installation log file and there is no issue
with resources under XP either, it just hung!

I allocated 1G memory to the VMWARE Red Hat Linux 5 session and that should
be enough.  All Oracle resource validation checks did pass before Oracle
started the installation process except that it had a warning on swap space
which has 500M and I also did not see any issue with memory or swap space or
anything else in the linux message log.

Any idea??

Thanks.