Oracle 11g Client -- Adding CPAN modules to Oracle PERL distribution?

  • From: "Vordos, Suzy" <Suzy.Vordos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:46:30 -0700

Linux RedHat5 & Oracle 11g client

We have applications that interface to Oracle using the standard PERL/DBI
interface.  Since the Oracle 11g Client includes PERL/DBI we would like to take
advantage of it.  However, our software also uses other CPAN modules which are
not included in the Oracle PERL distribution.

Is applying other CPAN modules to the Oracle 11g client software distribution
acceptable practice?  If so, how would we compile modules which include C-based
source.  Apparently the Oracle PERL software is compiled with the "icc"
compiler which we do not have.

Just wondering how others take advantage of the Oracle PERL distribution but
also include other CPAN modules.