Re: Oracle 10g install broke IE / JDK

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "babette.turnerunderwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:01:00 -0500

I recently found a solution to that problem by doing a
Google search. I forget all the details, but search for that
error message, and you should find some explanations. It's
not necessarily an Oracle problem per se. I seem to recall
the problem is actually related to using the Java 1.3
plug-in.

What I did was to go to my Control Panel, uninstall the Java
1.3 plugin, and then I installed the Java 1.4 Plug-in. You
can get the plugins from Sun's site. The uninstall/reinstall
fixed the problem for me.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://four.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.

Tuesday, March 9, 2004, 3:12:06 PM, babette.turnerunderwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(babette.turnerunderwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

bthdgc> I installed Oracle 10g Beta on my PC.
bthdgc> I also downloaded and installed the latest JDK (J2EE 1.4).

bthdgc> Now, I am having problems with Internet Explorer
bthdgc> and don't know how to fix it. At first I was getting problems only on

bthdgc>         "can't find /bin/hotspot/java.dll" or something similar to that

bthdgc> When I click on a link that uses java. Now, it crashes Internet
Explorer.

bthdgc> Any suggestions on how to fix ? Or ?

bthdgc> Thanks
bthdgc> Babette