Oracle 10g R2 RAC on Sun Solaris 10 with EMC storage

  • From: "Venkata Giri PG" <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 16:21:13 +0000

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up 3/4 node RAC with the following components:

Oracle 10g R2 RAC
Oracle Clusterware / Sun Cluster / Veritas Cluster
Sun Solaris 10
EMC storage
ASM/Cluster FS

I would appreciate if some one shed some light on:

* ) What is the best clusterware for this configuration (Veritas cluster / Sun Cluster / Oracle Clusterware). Are there any risks if I don't use veritas cluster / sun cluster ware.

* ) Is cluster filesystem a compulsory component or Can I use ASM instead of Cluster File system.

* ) Are there any known risks invovled in using ASM. How is the I/O performance with ASM on EMC with Solaris ? what are the risks involved

* ) If I don't use cluster filesystem where to put CRS repository and voting disk ? Do I have any option other than raw partition

* ) What is best option for Oracle_Home, shared oracle home or sepereate oracle_home on each node ?

* ) Is GigE okay for interconnect or do I need to go for Infiniband ?

* ) Is there any notes on Best practices for the above components

*) Do I need to consider fail over option for NIC's (interconnect and public), if yes, how to do that ?

*) Are there any other risks do I need to consider ?

Thanks in advance..
Venkata Giri

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l