Re: On which server run RMAN when duplicating database

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:01:45 -0700 (PDT)

You will need to create both a listener and tns entry for b. The backup
set pieces need to be available to b (unless you are 11g and doing active
database duplication). You then connect to A as the target and B as the
auxilliary and do the duplicate.

Hope that helps!

Robert
 Robert G. Freeman
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)