Re: Off Topic - Windoze XP Prof. SP1

  • From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:11:17 -0800 (PST)

--- KENNETH JANUSZ <kjanusz@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem on my Dell 8200 running Windoze XP
> Prof. SP1.  I run my machine 24X7 because I do SETI
> analysis.  But after about 4-5 days funny things
> happen on the screen and then I get an out of memory
> message.  As soon as I reboot all is back to normal
> for 4-5 days.
>
> Windows Task Manager shows 52 processes running.  My
> machine has 256 MB of physical memory.  I have
> increased my min & max. page memory up to 1026 MB
> per DELL customer service.  Now they say I need more
> physical memory.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what is going on?  It seems
> to me that not all the code is being flushed out of
> the physical memory and it keeps building up until I
> get this error message.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks much,
> Ken Janusz, CPIM

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?Mfr%2BProductline=Dell%2BInspiron&mfr=Dell&cat=RAM&model=Inspiron+8200+Series&submit=Go

enter the number "2" and click the "buy" button.
you will be trashing existing memory, but being able
to brag that your laptop has 1 GB of physical memory
will translate into not having to spend cash on
Enzyte.

Pd