RE: Odd swap & memory behavior on Solaris 9, Oracle 9iR2

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx>
  • To: <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:03:37 -0500

I seem to remember that by default /tmp is created to emulate swap,
which I believe can add some confusion over actual swap usage.  Check
out the filesystem for /tmp using "df -k".  I never really understood
that, though...

<disclaimer>"Hearsay", your Honor; not admissible as
evidence</disclaimer>

Rich