RE: Ocr and Voting disk - slow disk

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tinojam@xxxxxxxxx" <tinojam@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:23:41 +0200

Hi,

The clusterware issue's 3 io operations (2 read + 1 write) per second per node
to the voting disks
(220970.1 - RAC Frequently Asked Questions --> How much I/O activity should the
voting disk have?)
So as long as you are capable of doing that ...

I can't directly find anything for the ocr disks, but I think these are only
used during cluster operations (node failure, adding a db/instance, relocating
services, ...)

regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime
Oracle Database Administrator
e-mail: freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx
tel. +32 (0)3 451 23 82
http://www.uptime.be
disclaimer
Date: Sep 10, 8:32 AM

Is it advisable to put the ocr and voting disks on slow disks - 10,000 RPM
fiber channel disks? What is the ramifications in doing this? Has anyone placed
the ocr and voting disk on this speed disk and have you encounterd any node
eviction problems with this configuration?

Sent on the go from my Peek