Re: OT: GMAIL hack - GmailFS

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

'good use'? Hmmm.

Either, I read about this somewhere, or had a similar
idea because of the proliferation of internet storage.
It was an obvious thing to eventually happen.

But, I also know gmail is beta. The future versions
will *probably* attempt to kill *features* like
this hack. Good luck using/keeping it. ;-)

I hope listers are using the gmail accounts, invites
distributed here via Daniel ( uberdba@xxxxxxxxx ),
for actual email. Just my opinion, since I'm
helping Daniel and I have sent many invites
(15 accepted so far) already with his help. :-)

Thank's for the posting, its quite interesting
in any case.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html