OS does not see resized NetAPP Lun

  • From: "Brian Lucas" <moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:51:16 -0700

All, I have resized a NetApp FC lun from 20g to 30g, however my Oracle
Enterprise Linux 5 (IBM x3850s with Qlogic HBAs), doesn't see the lun
change.   When I type "multipath", it still reports the lun as 20g, however
the QLogic scli utility does see the resized lun as 30g.  As such, I'm at a
loss.  How do I get the Linux box to see the resized LUN without rebooting
or something drastic like that?   The lun forms an ASM diskgroup that is low
on space and I want to increase that diskgroup size by 10g.

Thanks for any and all help.