Re: ORACLE 10gr2 collect statistics on sys and system?

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:37:59 -0400

On 6/15/06, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am doing ORACLE 10Gr2 migration test. I found 10Gr2 migration guide say We need collect 'sys" and "system" statictics before upgrade.

I remember clearly on ORACLE 9ir2 document it suggest
NOT collect statistics on "sys" and "system".  If we
collect "sys" or "system" statistics, it will cause
performance.

My question is why ORACLE 10Gr2 does NOT have perform
issue if we collect statistics on "sys" or "system"?

Thanks.

Congrats on the following points:

1. testing.
2. reading the upgrade guide 10g R2 B14238-01.

Did you also run the script utlu102i.sql from a 10.1 home? (its located in the new 10.2 home, under ?/rdbms/admin.

Perhaps having the report print out while running from _your_ database will
be more convincing than in .pdf form.

hth.

Paul

--
#/etc/init.d/init.cssd stop
If you find yourself using the word "telnet" somewhere, be it in an email or