ORA-2049

  • From: "Petr Novak" <Petr.Novak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:57:45 +0200

Hallo ,

I have following lock problem.

JDBC session hangs with 'select for update' on the local table with ' enq: TX -
row lock contention'.
After 1 minute (distributed_lock_timeout) session gets ORA-2049 error

But
 - there is no blocking session , no other lock on the table
 - there are no database links in the DB (10.2.0.4)

There are only locks held by this session (including one DX lock)

 Username       Sid Term         Table Name                     COMMAND
     Lock Held        Lock Requested   ID1 - ID2      Lock Type
---------- -------- ------------ ------------------------------
-------------------- ---------------- ---------------- --------------
---------------------------------------
P8OSDBA         629 unknown      SYS.I_SUPEROBJ1                SELECT
     Exclusive        NONE             66-0           DX - Distributed
transaction entry lock

                                 P8OSDBA.GENERIC                SELECT
     Row Exclusive    NONE             78474-0        TM - DML enqueue lock
                                 None                           SELECT
     NONE             Exclusive        720930-37386   TX - Transaction enqueue
lock

It is possible, that application defines some global transaction with DBMS_XA ?
I tried to check during these 60 seconds other 7 DBs  for
locks,blocking_sessions, pending_session but couldnt find anything.

Has anybody some idea ?
Best Regards,
Petr