ORA-2000 Error Using DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS

  • From: "Freeman, Donald" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:03:23 -0500

This thing just popped up yesterday.  I'm using Oracle 9i Rel 2  Ver. =
9.2.0.4 on Windows 2000 Advanced  Server
This code has been running inside a package for some time and I've never =
seen a failure.

The following is failing.

DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SCHEMA_STATS ( OWNNAME=3D>'PADOHSNAP', CASCADE=3D>TRUE =
);

It fails the same place each time on the same table.VACCINE_TYPE_CODE =
which is a materialized view.  The view is valid.

The job is running under sys user.  The above code cannot be run by the =
owner either.  The table, individually, can be analyzed by either the =
owner or the user.
The synonym is valid.  What am I missing?  As far as I can tell no one =
changed anything yesterday but obviously something changed.

Don Freeman
Database Administrator
Bureau of Information Technology
PA Department of Health