Re: ORA-15003 on one node of RAC with ASM

  • From: saurabh manroy <saurabhmanroy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "xueyuan.luo" <xueyuan.luo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:21:01 +0200

Hello Milo,
Thanks for your response.

I have had a look at that document and other bugs on MOS and I think none
of them are applicable to our situation.
We have only 3 diskgroups for this RAC cluster which are
shared(concurrently mountable) by both nodes in the cluster.

After instance eviction, ASM on the evicted node refused to mount
diskgroups and reported these errors.
When I tried to start ASM instance on the evicted node (without diskgroups
mounted), Alert log of both ASM instances reported only themselves to be
part of cluster. Nothing was reported in cssd/crsd logs about this action.
In the OCRdump/olsnodes output both nodes were listed (as expected).
'cluvfy comp crs' for each local node reported successful results. Same
cluvfy command if run clusterwide (-n node1,node2)  reported the results to
be unsuccessful.

Last night we performed CRS restart on the problematic node and then
problem was gone.

Regards,