ORA-12560

  • From: "fahd mirza" <fahd-m@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Active DBA" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:38:11 +0500

Hi Listers,
   Its an emergency please. I am experiencing a strange and baffling
situation.I am running Oracle 8.1.6 on WIN2K. When in shell, I write svrmgrl, I
get an error.
svrmgrl> ORA-12560-TNS PROTOCOL ADAPTER ERROR

I have also turned on tracing on listener and sqlnet, but I am unable to
identify the error.

I am also running Names server on the same machine, which allows users to not
only connect to the databases on this machine but also to other databases on
other machines. Names Server is running fine. But most of the users are
complaining that they lost their connection after some time and they have to
relogin again.

Please give me some lights. Waiting anxiously.
thanks.
regards,
Fahd