Re: ORA-00376: file n cannot be read at this time: dba_segments or dba_extents?

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 13:18:48 +0100

So,
you're using dba_segments, not dba_extents.
I was wondering why some segments, with blocks(?) in a given data file (dba_segments.relative_fno)
resulted with no extents in the same data file (dba_extents.file_id).

I suppose that there could be a segment with relative_fno != file_id in dba_extents ...

Thank you!

Regards
Dimitre

On 02/03/2010 20.15, Eugene Pipko wrote:
I hope I understood you correctly:

select owner,
           a.tablespace_name,
        --b.file_name,
        --b.file_id,
           DECODE( PARTITION_NAME, NULL, segment_name, segment_name || ':' ||
PARTITION_NAME) segment_name ,
        segment_type
        ,nvl(initial_extent, 0) initial_extent, nvl(next_extent, 0) next_extent
        ,nvl(extents, 0) extents
        ,nvl(a.bytes, 0) bytes
        ,nvl(max_extents, 0)max_extents
from   dba_segments a--, dba_data_files b
where  a.tablespace_name =<your tbs name>
   --and a.header_file = b.file_id;

Eugene Pipko
Seattle Pacific Industries
office: 253.872.5243
cell: 206.304.7726
  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail