RE: OMF or not OMF?

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: <backseatdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 20:55:21 +0800

You can have a mix of OMF and non-OMF datafiles (and tempfiles) in a
database.  To make a datafile / tempfile non-OMF simply specify the full
filename (including path) and size.

As far as the archivelogs are concerned, why not use
db_recovery_file_dest  (and db_recovery_file_dest_size)   ?

Hemant K Chitale