Re: OFF TOPIC: Leaving Oracle

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oraracdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 04:35:26 +0000

On 06/08/2005 10:33:09 PM, Scott wrote:
> All, For those of you who have met me over the past 12
> years I wanted to let you know I am leaving the Oracle
> space. I have pretty much dedicated my last 12 years
> to OPS and RAC and now I have decided to open a
> coffee, Tea and Dessert cafe. The one thing I have
> learned is that making coffee is whole lot easier than
> than figuring out why Oracle does not perform well in
> a clustered environment.
>=20
> I still have 3 Sun clusters in my basement and and EMC
> clariion so I will still probably play with RAC in my
> spare time (if I have any). If any of you ever get to
> Denver please look me up.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Scott Heisey

I have never met you and I heard a lot about your OPS/RAC course. I have se=
cretly hoped
to attend one of those phenomenal courses ever since I've first heard the t=
ale of two Scotts (the=20
other Scott, of course, being Scott Gosset) and their exquisite internals c=
ourses. I managed to=20
experience 50% of the planned fun but now you have put the other 50% perman=
ently to rest. We=20
exchanged  emails both privately and on this list and it has been a rare pl=
easure. I wish you=20
all the best in this world.=20
As a European, I feel qualified to offer a bit of unsolicited advice: in de=
ssert shop, every=20
item must contain cholesterol. No cholesterol - no taste. Desserts with no =
taste are usually not
a promising business, unless your name is Ronald MacDonald or Ray Croc.
To make a long story short, I plan to look for dessert shop if fate or JetB=
lue ever get me to=20
Denver. Oracle Corp. is now almost without cholesterol. You are closely fol=
lowing the career of=20
Billy Bitsandbytes, my favorite character from Bruce Ellis's book "Hitchhik=
ers Guide To VMS",
the book you must have read as an old school oraclite and a cluster guy.
Please, stay on the list and let us know the name of the shop. Dan Fink wil=
l have to report
about the goodies.

--=20
Mladen Gogala