OEM repository redo generation

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:20:30 -0600

Quick question for someone out there with an OEM repository - how many
targets and hosts do you have, and what's your typical hourly redo
generation rate on the repository database?

I've got a system with 2000 targets and 500 hosts that seems to
generate about 20-25 GB of redo per hour.  I have another system with
500 targets and 30 hosts that seems to generate 2-4 GB of redo per
hour.  Both of these are 12.1.0.4.  I know that a lot of factors can
impact this, particularly customization of the metric rules,
management packs in use, types of targets, etc.  I'm just curious what
sorts of redo rates other people are seeing in general (and wondering
if my rates are reasonable in comparison <g>).

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider