OEM connection preferences not saving

  • From: "Smith, Steven K - MSHA" <Smith.Steven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle Discussion List" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:41:21 -0700

I've started having a strange issue here with our Oracle OEM console.
My connection preferences are gone and I can not add them back in.  I've
been running OEM without any major issues for years and this has me
stumped.

Oracle 9.2.0.7 repository.  9.2.0.1 console (I believe this is the
latest one).  Solaris.  We recently upgraded this server to version 10.

Anyway - starting about a week ago, I have to repeatedly put in my
connection username/password when making connections to any database
that I want to monitor.  I've tried changing the preferences at the
configuration level and they don't stay.  I can see the SQL running
behind the scenes and it is performing a delete on the
smp_vdv_preferred_credentials table.

Has anyone run into this before?  I'm at a loss.  Metalink doesn't seem
to have any information and I'm hoping to get a quicker answer before
going to open a TAR with oracle.  I don't see any errors, but then again
I may be looking in the wrong place to see them.  Any suggestions would
be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve Smith

Desk: 303-231-5499