Re: OEM 10g Supported Databases

  • From: Joe Armstrong-Champ <joseph.armstrong-champ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: belvdr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:01:21 -0500

Tom,

OEM 10g will definitely work for 9i databases but not all features will work, at least under the performance section. I can't tell you off the top of my head what doesn't work. We uninstalled the agents from the 9i servers because the 10g version didn't give us anything we needed that the 9i version wasn't already doing - just more work to apply the cpu patches every 3 months. In fact, there are no job email notifications in the 10g version (release 1). This is something we use in 9i. I've heard that 10gr2 will have them. By job email notifications I mean emails notifying about the completion status of a job.

Joe

Thomas Fox wrote:
All,

We're looking into upgrading OEM from 9i to 10gR2.  In looking at the certified
and supported database versions, I noticed this:

<SNIP> Database* (single instance Enterprise Edition, Standard Edition, Personal Edition) and Listener

8.1.7.4,9.0.1.5, 9.2.0.6 and higher, 10.1.0.4 and higher, 10.2
(target support is only supported where platforms have a 10.x agent)
</SNIP>

Since we have 9.2.0.1 and 9.2.0.4 deployed as production instances, does anyone
know if this stance from Oracle means that 10g OEM will not work at all or just
that it hasn't been tested?  Has anyone used 10g OEM with either of these
versions (9.2.0.1 or 9.2.0.4)?

--Tom