RE: ODBC connection - extra statements being run

  • From: "Fedock, John (KAM.RHQ)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracledba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 12:23:33 -0500

Thanks for all the responses.  It seems a lot of others have had issues out
there as well.  What happened to me was some were complaining about the excel
reports running slow.  They sent me the SQL statement and it ran for me in < 1
second.  I watched them run it and it took about 10 minutes.  I then traced it
with a 10046 and I saw the expected SQL statement run and complete - then
another 2 table select ran with no join or anything.  The columns in the where
clause involve dates and the tables themselves are large ( > 40,000,000 rows).
 I have spent about 4 hours on google, metalink and microsoft support site
without any answers.  If I find anything I will let you all know.

Thanks.