Re: OCR / VD external vs. normal redundancy using NFS.

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: david.robillard@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:33:20 -0500

I would love to see your udev script.

Keep in mind that Oracle will automatically back up your OCR to all the
cluster nodes on a regular basis so you will have that available for
recovery. I would hope that the ASM access is sufficiently restricted that
the uneducated person wont be able to accidentally delete the wrong files.

That being said, I do recall the time as a junior DBA when I deleted all the
data files from my qa database when I thought I was working in an entirely
different environment, so I have to agree having another backup to account
for user error cannot hurt..

--
Andrew W. Kerber