OAS 10g R2 install on SuSe Linux 10.1

  • From: "Patrick Roozen" <patrick.roozen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:36:00 +0200

Hi Group,

If anybody is running into problems with installing the infrastructure part
of OAS 10g R2 (10.1.2.0) on SuSe Linux 10.1, more specifically with the
'oca' and an error regarding libnsl.so.1: cannot open shared object file.
Then you might fix that if you edit the $OH/oca/bin/cminst file and comment
out the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL that was put in there for bug4527581. That is an
fix for an OCA CA failure on RH4.0.

This fixed the install problem for me. Of course I am just installing this
at home for test purposes and am not running production on this platform.

The other problem that I ran into was that I had to install package db1
(Berkeley DB Database Library version 1.85) to get a missing
libdb.so.2file. The ssoca was failing because of that missing file.

Regards,

Patrick
Oracle DBA