Re: Null Clob or Isn't it?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:30:46 +0100

I expect that it has been initialised with empty_clob(); which (from
memory) creates the clob pointer but no content. The content length
would be zero, the column would be non null.

on the other hand all this is from memory, to save me going mad during
an ebusiness suite clone, and so could be utter rubbish.

On 9/7/06, Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm new to working with CLOBs. Any ideas on what I'm
missing here?

My query below returns a non-zero result:

SELECT count(*)
FROM my_table
WHERE clob_column IS NOT NULL
  AND LENGTH(clob_column) = 0;

How can I have a CLOB column of length zero which is
not null?

This is on 9.2.0.6

Thanks
Charlotte